The Business, Financial and Technology Law Review (BFTLR) is a bi-annual, student-edited, peer-reviewed, open-access law journal published annually. It is devoted exclusively to the study of the interface between Business & Financial law with Technology and Law thereof. The Journal as per its mandate emphasizes a developing country’s perspective or a comparative approach that benefits the developing world.
- The journal accepts contributions in the following areas:
- Comments on contemporary legal developments including topical issues, recent judgments, and legislative changes.
- Book reviews engaging with recent literary works.
- Brief notes on conferences, commission reports.
- All submissions to BFTLR must conform to the Objectives and Mandate of the Journal.
- A manuscript may be co-authored by a maximum of 2 people.
- All manuscripts submitted must be original and must not have been published elsewhere.
- All manuscripts will be checked for plagiarism. If plagiarism is detected, the Editorial Board reserves the right of rejection of the same.
- Authors are required to obtain written permission for the use of any copyrighted material in the manuscript and must communicate the same to the Journal. Such material may include tables, charts, etc. Acceptance of publication in the Journal implies acceptance of the copyright transfer and other terms in the BFTLR Author Agreement.
- BFTLR does not accept any fees from authors for publication.
- The BFTLR journal invites submissions in the following categories:
- Articles (max 9000 words exclusive of footnotes). However, this word limit is not binding and can be waived in appropriate circumstances;
- Case Notes and Legislative Comments (max 5000 words);
- Comments on Commission or conference report (max 3000 words);
- Book Reviews (max 2000 words including footnotes if necessary)
- These word counts are inclusive of footnotes. The Editorial Board reserves the right to increase or relax the word count, depending on the quality of the submission.
- The heading of the manuscript should be Times New Roman, font size 20; subheadings should be Times New Roman, font size 14, and the body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
- Authors are encouraged to use British English in their manuscripts.
- The Journal employs footnotes as the method of citation, rather than endnotes. The system of citation to be used is Bluebook 20th Edition.
- All manuscripts must be emailed to BFTLR@protonmail.com with the subject “BFTLR Journal- manuscript title”.
- The manuscript must be made in .doc or .docx format.
- No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author(s), affiliation(s), or acknowledgments should be included in the text of the manuscript, file name, or document properties. All such information must only be incorporated in the covering letter accompanying the manuscripts.
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by:
- A cover letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript, and contact information (email ID and phone number).
- An abstract of not more than 300 words describing the submission.
- An Abstract should be accompanied by a maximum of 8 keywords.
- Author(s) is required to submit the Copyright Transfer Agreement with the manuscript. The agreement can be downloaded from the ‘submit’ section of the website.
Authors may also contact us for queries relating to the submissions at BFLTR@protonmail.com.
Thank you for your interest in submitting to our journal; we look forward to hearing from you!